Each time a test is saved it is automatically backed up to a few different locations.
Back up locations include:
(1) an .FDB file in Window's Computer
(2) an .FDB file on an external USB drive
(3) an Autobackup folder
(4) Firebird SQL Database
Further information on each of these methods:
(1) The .FDB file can be found in the Database subfolder of the Multifocal (V6 software) or Espion (V5 software) folders in Windows, Computer, C:/ drive. Data is saved here automatically.
(2) The .FDB file saves to an external USB drive when specified. To do so, enter Configure System > Program > Global. Check that Autobackup Directory is set to Removable Disk.
(3) The Autobackup folder is found in the Multifocal or Espion folders of the Windows, Computer, C:/ Drive. Each test is saved into this folder, corrupted test files may be recovered from this location.
(4) The Firebird SQL Database contains all patient and test information. It can be found in the Multifocal or Espion folders of the Windows, Computer, and C:/ Drive. Look into the Firebird and Utilities folder and click into IBManager.exe. You will need to register the host and database in order to maneuver through this database manager.