1. Electrical - having the room on a separate circuit or using a surge protector is useful for reducing noise in results; however, this is not absolutely necessary
2. Placement - away from large electrical appliances such as HVAC, refrigerators, elevators, etc. Also reduce the number of other medical devices in the same room
Scotopic Testing Recommendations
1. Light - red lamp for dark adapted testing. Longer wavelength reds are better at not light adapting your patient. Not necessary, but is nice for working in a room with a dark adapted patient
2. Wall Paint - black matte color for dark adaptation. This mitigates any light from the computer from bouncing around the room into your patient's pupils. Less of an issue if you have a red filter over the computer screen.
3. Room - no windows, under-the-door area covered so as to let no light through
Room size is your discretion, but we would recommend it be comfortably sized for moving around a cart that is about 2 feet long by 1.5 feet wide by 4.5 feet tall. The E3 desktop setup requires a good sized office table, perhaps space for the amplifier and ColorDome.
A room sized at least 80 sq ft should give you adequate testing space.